Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Perspective from a Mom/Granna


In January, I had the joy of visiting Wendy, Jeremy, Greyson, Avery, Addyson and Bryson in Nicaragua for ten days.  I couldn't have asked for a better trip.  As a mother and grandmother, it's difficult to have your children and grandchildren in another country and not be able to see them often.  However, I would rather have them in God's will serving in Nicaragua than out of His will here in North Carolina.
 

 
While in Nicaragua, I was privileged to be able to go with the Perry's to several of the locations where they minister to the children.  I was even able to teach four times with the help of a translator.  I can't begin to express my feelings at being able to spend time with the beautiful children and adults there.  I know why Wendy and her family love them so much.  I loved seeing the children as they eagerly said their verses, listened to the Bible stories and played the games.  Now I know even better how to pray for them.  God has ways of melting our hearts and showing us how very much we have in material possessions compared to so many.  But He also shows us that it isn't the material possessions that matter.  It's the souls being reached with his love and salvation - no price can be put on that.  


 
Please continue to pray for the Perry's as they serve in and around Matagalpa, Nicaragua.  God is using them greatly.     
In Christ,  
Karen Deaton
 

No comments:

Post a Comment