Sunday, August 18, 2013

God and Rock Wall Climbing

This afternoon, Jeremy and I went rock wall climbing (indoors).  As I replay the fun date through my mind I keep thinking of trust and teamwork.  Jeremy and I had to trust each other, communicate, and work together for this activity.  I would not have allowed him to be my "belayer" if I felt He couldn't take care of me and I know Jeremy felt the same way.  (I think he faced the biggest risk - especially when I had my giggling fits. HeHe!!)  Thankfully, we came away from this event still walking with smiles on our faces.  What a good "check-up" date for our marriage.  I know we will need all the skills we worked on today - trust, communication, and working together - for our marriage to stay strong.



But how does rock wall climbing relate to God?
God has been dealing with me in the area of trust.  I know God gave me this activity today so I could have a visual.  As I was climbing and trusting Jeremy to get me safely back down (belaying) God reminded me that I needed to do the same and even more so with Him.  God is my anchor.  He is steady and faithful.  I need to trust - completely - that He will do what He said He will do! 

I also need to continue to communicate with Him daily.  The more I am quiet and still the more He will speak.  Oh boy, do I find it hard to be quiet and still!  But when I am...OH BOY, do I learn so much from God!  There is no better place then to sit at His feet.  All the cares of this world seem so insignificant when I am seeking His presence.

Finally, I learned I need to work with God.  After trusting and communicating, I need to work together with Him.  I need to do what He has asked and planned...not what I think should be done or what I have planned.  He actually doesn't need me at all...but thankfully, He loves and wants to use me for His Glory.  He wants to use us all...  
          "...let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works
          and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven."  Matthew 5:16
     

No comments:

Post a Comment